Mar 14, 2008

The rules of growing up :(


the other day iw as talking with my friends and we decided that i should get my nose peirced..

everything was good, mum said yess and we said i would get it for my birthday and everything was good untill..... i realised i had to know if my dad aproved of me getting my nose done and well ya can guess what his reply was..

"not till your 16 and tatoos are 18"

well im not happy but he managed to put in one of his "whitty" jokes of the day in..

"well why dont we put a hole in your nose put a ring in, get a dogs lead and drag you along the lawn so you can be a bull eating grass"

sigh

i dont know what im gunna tell my friends this time....


mind you mum though of a good idea of going through the door on my 16th with peircing all over and saying in a beautiful charming voice "heyy daddy i turned 16 today"...

i wunder if it would work hmmm

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Now baby dont blame ya dad, you know he and I make all decisions together...and the 16yr one was made long ago...

You do have a funny sense of huour though...we both do love you baby girl...x

Unknown said...

I wasn't allowed to get my ears done - one hole each lobe - until I was 13, sex was 18 (preferably 30) and tattoos and other piercings were a "when hell freezes over". Sigh ...

Mind you, I am sure that my nose piercing must have ranked with childbirth on the pain scale. Now I am told that that isn't possible but I have never felt such pain in my life. As others haven't experienced this reaction I wonder if she clipped a nerve or something. But I can tell you that if it ever closes over, I don't have the guts to get it done again. Oh and it took about 6 weeks to settle down (and stop being infected and causing me more pain) once it was done.

Having said that, I love it now and hope we never part.

16 isn't too far away Bella - wear a fake one until then :-) Much easier than finding a new mother or father :-)

Unknown said...

at the risk of sounding like we are all ganging up on you, i totally agree with MG and Mum on this one! You are growing up so qucikly baby, 16 isn't that far away trust me xo

Gabriella said...

haha it seams like it will never come